Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Flammpanzer 38, Finished

After what seemed like forever, the vignette is completed. On the whole this was a challenging and enjoyable project to paint. The Hetzer was originally part of a group build that ran last year over at Mig forum. For some reason I'm attracted to wrecked vehicles, this gave me the perfect opportunity to exercise painting skills and diorama making. One of the hardest challenges I had was how to best capture the feel and look I was aiming for from a WW2 photo in Italy. Planning and composing the scene was essential for the scene to work, just as much as the painting and finishing of the vehicle. The possibilities in building wrecks are huge - in terms of representation of battle damage, as well as the painting techniques that can be used. Modelling and painting a wrecked vehicle was a new experience for me and a rewarding one at that. Of course I had helpful feedback from some modelling friends in the course of the project. Sven Frisch, Radek Pituch and others, Thank you.





8 comments:

Radek Pituch said...

Hey Julian
Congrats on this one. I'm glad that you have finally managed to finish this scene.
The groundwork looks terrific as well as the Hetzer is well painted. Good choice for the figure too.

Best
Radek

Julian Yap said...

Hi Radek,

Yes, I'm glad this one is done. A long project but it was well worth the time and effort invested.
Now I can move on to other projects. Thanks for the encouraging feedbacks and following the progress. I enjoyed painting the figure and it sparked my interest in painting figures.

We'll talk more.

cheers
Julian

Rick Lawler said...

Hi Julian,

Looks great. As I mentioned I will be more than happy to lend a hand if you need, just shout.

take care,

Rick

CALVIN TAN said...

Great work Bud!
It's great to finally see you back in the heat of modelling again.

Calvin

complex243 said...

Finally get to see the finished work. Looks really good.

Julian Yap said...

Thanks a lot guys! Your support means a lot to me. Stay tuned for more.

Julian

Hakan said...

Looks fantastic...Great work...
If you want to see my works please visit

http://battletankpower.blogspot.com/

See you...

William said...

Hi,a very pretty diorama , I like painting very much.


Best

William (from France)


1/48 : http://maquettes.eklablog.com/article-122739-accueil.html

1/72 : http://williammaquettes.blog4ever.com/blog/index-165009.html#null